Sunday 13 March 2011

Off topic: Found my real estate agency, at last!


(All pictures, from the "Foggy Day's serie". Click on them, to enlarge them.)



Good day. Good Sunday.

I just got out of bed, after six hours of sleep, which was good, because it was not too light inside, due to the gray sky, but mild weather outside. It is still cozy and pleasant, without the heating on.

I had been surfing the whole night through. Looking at real estate agency offers for Triest.After about four to five hours, it was like landing on treasure island, and digging out a treasure.

Nearly all appartments are furnished with ugly and untasteful furniture. After some time, I got „off the track“, of searching from real estate agency directories, and started searching after city urban areas / districts. And which was a great success. However, I didn't find any offers in the desired districts, but the word „district“ brought me to a real estate agency, that never seems to show up un the real estate directories. This agency stands out from the whole lot, showing way the best photographs, huge, and crisp clear. They have also unfurnished appartments for rent, and some of them are not renovated, rspectively, without newly painted walls, and without a stove / oven in the kitchen, and the house without a lift. But therefore, the renting price, is very low. And you can get a nice old appartment, with the classic ambiance and original features, such as the old big double doors, from one „salon“ to the other „salon“ / room.

So, one appartment has about 10 square meters less (80) than the one in the first floor of an other house (90 m²), but is very sunny, as it is in the fitfh (5.) floor (without a lift and stove in the kitchen). But I don't mind to walk the steps to the fifth floor, and don't mind not having a kitchen, for a while. But I want to have an old appartment with athmosphere, and a low monthly rent.

And, bingo, I found my real estate agency / partner!


A spacious three room appartment with a bath and kitchen, not repainted, and the stove missing, a lovely parquet floor, that need some attention and care, no lift, to get to the fifth floor, but therefor the monthly rent is affordable. The same type of flat in Geneva would cost at least four (4) times as much. The climat in Triest is much milder, and economy is the most promissing in whole Europe.

Hey, this is in Italy. And the appartments have been build in the good old days of Triest, when Triest was still under the Austro-Hungarian Empire (1867 – 1918).

I feel happy, because I have come a big step towards my dream and project to have an appartment in Triest, as well. If things shouldn't work out for me in Geneva, in the mid term, I would still be able to build something up, in Triest.

For more info about Triest, visit my Dot Tel domain „Triest.Tel“ (I am showing you the history page): http://oesterreich-ungarn.geschichte.triest.tel/

And have a look at my Italy / Triest blog:

http://thebestoftrieste.blogspot.com/

And of course, it is a "must" to look at this blog, with daily photos of Triest, from where I selected the photographs for this post:

http://triestedailyphoto.blogspot.com/


I must have some food, thake a shower, and catch up with my work.

Have a great day.




On the pier at the harbour

No comments:

Post a Comment