Monday 27 June 2011

Antiques, pizza and ice-cream

Last week had been busy: I was working on a big chandelier project, and having to figure out, how to proceed. Furthermore, I had to clean and treat a wardrobe against woodworms, which took about two days. The end of the week I then spent by visiting antique shops, and chatting with the dealers, as well as trying to sell some stuff. On Friday I was lucky, and found a used modern bookshelf: „Bookworm“ by Ron Arad, and which I will be able to display and sell in a shop for used furniture and items from the fifties and antiques. Also, I was able to make contact with a sales woman for antique jewelry: We will make a sales excibition with my „Trifari“ jewelry, in her shop, very soon. Over the weekend, I had been suffering from a nasty flu, but today I am feeling a bit better, and am seeming to recover gradually.

And as the weather was hot, and the appartement too warm to work, I didn't feel like going into Internet, and checking my emails, to answer some possibly new emails.

There are still moving goods scattered all over the rooms, and not everything is in its place. My office was divided in two places, partly in the living room, and partly in the sleeping room, and that fact didn't invite me to do some office work, neither.

However, today, as I am starting to get back some strength and energy, thanks to having had a lot of rest and green tea, and relaxing by reading some older copies of „AD / Architectual Digest (thirty volumes in Italian language), I moved my office into the sunnier room, onto, and around the dining table, displaying the suspension file unit, and other documents, as well as the laptop and a study lamp, etc.

So, sorry, once again, for my late response, and thank you, for your understanding, that it is just now, that I am catching up with office work and my duties.

I do miss Geneva very much, everytime I have to leave there, but on the other side, working at home, isn't possible there, but is is here in Italy. Also, there are a lot of chanllenges here, and niches to fill up, within the market of modern and antique furniture / antiques. Nevertheless, I am also enjoying the good things, here, as well. I know, where to get the best pizza, and the best ice-cream..., and where to meet interesting and nice people, who share some of the same interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment